Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Axle Talk
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Axle Talk This section is for all your other axle talks, D44, D60, 14bolt, Ford 9" etc. If you have a write up please post it, if you have a axle question ask away.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:55 PM   #1
Stones

Stones is an unknown quantity at this point
30 spline tracker hybrid from Sweden

Long shaft from Toyota surfer short one from Toyota lj 70.
Side gears and wheel bearings from Toyota.

Last edited by Stones; 02-15-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:00 PM   #2
Stones

Samurai / Hybrid

Old 02-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
Stones

Old 02-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #4
ParadisePWoffrD

ParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond repute
More info please...

Is that a kick carrier in the first post with the Toyota side gear? Did you turn down the gear some to fit, or modify the carrier?

Was that a Kick, sami, or yota housing that you modified with the Toyota cups?

Big Dixie Boggers
MudPro Metalworks
ParadisePWoffrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #6
Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadisePWoffrD View Post
More info please...

Is that a kick carrier in the first post with the Toyota side gear? Did you turn down the gear some to fit, or modify the carrier?

Was that a Kick, sami, or yota housing that you modified with the Toyota cups?
Yes it's a kick carrier an kick housing.

On the first and second image you can see that the right gear has become slightly smaller.

I haven't t done anything to the carrier. I do not want to weaken it.
cut down the other gears enough to get the cross pin trough. Welded everywhere.

I have been looking in all the threads I could find about hybrid axles with different shafts
mini spools and ridiculously expensive custom made parts.

in my opinion this is the easiest and cheapest way to get a rear with 30 spline low weight and 5,12 ratio.

The new axle are slightly narrower than a Samurai rear.

The best Suzuki hybrid rear axle are made in Sweden.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #7
Stones

Two more.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up.

Wouldn't be simpler to machine a mini spool for a toyota instead of welding the spiders? just asking.

I myself used a mini spool for a ford 9" and machined it to fit a diff housing. since it worked so well I went to a ford 9 full spool and machined it to fit a Kick rear third. then used aftermarket chromo axles.

Like I said earlier, nice write up, and I think you have a super strong axle now.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagtrainer View Post
Nice write up.

Wouldn't be simpler to machine a mini spool for a toyota instead of welding the spiders? just asking .
Thank you and yes that was my first plan but I couldn't find a mini spool for Toyota.
Do you know where to get one? Go to full spool is a great way to go.

Next hybrid will be stronger.

Thanks for input.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:36 PM   #10
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Here ya go... I use to use yota axles in dwarf cars and these were the spools we used 30 spline...

http://www.justdifferentials.com/MSG.../msgm12-30.htm

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #11
Nagtrainer

it's real similar to the ford 8/9" mini spool. Circle track guys have been using them so they can run a mini is a GM 12 bolt. You also might be able to find them through Summit and Speedway motors under GM 12 bolt 30 spline.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #12
ParadisePWoffrD

ParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond reputeParadisePWoffrD has a reputation beyond repute
Toyota guys commonly break the crosspin in the mini spools and lockers. I would go full spool if possible, or atleast a chromoly crosspin.

Big Dixie Boggers
MudPro Metalworks
Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #13
Bebop

Bebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond reputeBebop has a reputation beyond repute
Great tech and quite innovative
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:39 PM   #14
Nagtrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadisePWoffrD View Post
Toyota guys commonly break the crosspin in the mini spools and lockers. I would go full spool if possible, or atleast a chromoly crosspin.
The ford cross pin is considerably larger, 3/4" as compared to th smaller yota and zuk cross.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #15
ParadisePWoffrD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagtrainer View Post
Nice write up.

Wouldn't be simpler to machine a mini spool for a toyota instead of welding the spiders? just asking.

I myself used a mini spool for a ford 9" and machined it to fit a diff housing. since it worked so well I went to a ford 9 full spool and machined it to fit a Kick rear third. then used aftermarket chromo axles.

Like I said earlier, nice write up, and I think you have a super strong axle now.
Have any pics of the spools you machined to fit?

Big Dixie Boggers
MudPro Metalworks
Old 03-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #16
Nagtrainer

Yes,

Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
Nagtrainer

Here's the link to my hybrid ford axle shaft 28 spline mini spool in a Hybrid Zuk axle.

http://www.zukikrawlers.ru/showthread.php?t=46597

Old 12-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #18
blackda6

blackda6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Nag did you end up doing a 30 spline full spool? I did the 28 spline mini spool also. I got a lot of my info from you. I am actually interested in going 30 spline full spool one day myself
blackda6 is offline   Reply With Quote