Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
toy housings and zuk drivelines

Ive had alot of people through the years ask me how I get away with runnin toy axles and still use zuk drivelines with out adapters.

Lifted zuki's brother is going through this right now.He was asking me how this works.Was hoping I could make some for him,since he asked somone else to build him some but they screwd it up apparantly.I decided i would stop building my zuk and make him some so he can get his zuk goin.

I chucked up a piece of 2" dom I had laying around.(I would prefer to make these out of s.s. but I dont have any)

I turned the I.d. to fit the zuk flange index.

Then turned the o.d. down to fit inside the toy flange index.You end up with a thin lil ring,just under 1mm thick.

Piece machined to size,getting ready to part it off.

So you just put this ring in the toy flange.

it fits the zuk index nicely

shes thin but it works

So now the zuk flange has no choice but to self center on the toy flange.Put them together clock the zuk flange 20* or whatever and redrill the holes in the toy flange and walla you got a zuk driveline bolted up to a toy axle with no noticeable adapters=longer driveline and less $$ spent= exceallant

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Marc017

Marc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. Will be doing this on the front of mine!

www.crossedupcustoms.com
Marc017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Mikey

Mikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond reputeMikey has a reputation beyond repute
very nice.

Now just get some IFS Yota shafts, mill them a bit - and they'll bolt on too

I don't follow status quo - someone has to stir things up
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Ya that too.This is an easy and cheap mod.You would just either shorten the stock zuk shaft a bit or put some fore thought into and move the rear axle back enough to where the stock shaft would just slide right in.

Honestly see no reason to go to toy d.l. the zuk u joints(the oe jap units) are very strong.

Just thought I would trow this up,just incase someone is the middle of this swap...another option..on the cheap.

Zuk people rule!
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
LiftedZuki

LiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to add rep but won't let me.

My bro will be pumped to see you made some.

Thanks Mike!!!
www.lj10.com
LiftedZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #6
Fordzuki

Fordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond reputeFordzuki has a reputation beyond repute
You need to quit coming up with so much good tech, I gotta spread the love.
Fordzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
rockmike

Well thanks guys.I havnt seen anyone else do this,im sure its been done before.Just some good tech for ya all.

Zuk people rule!
pie
zero
VB
Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond repute
for us guys that dont have a lathe... you wouldnt want to make us up a couple and possibly ship em would you? I might have a little $$ laying around to spot you. plenty for a case or two of
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Marc017

Marc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc017 has a reputation beyond repute
I think he's too busy working on his right now. and a piece of dom thats 2" isnt cheap.

www.crossedupcustoms.com
Old 06-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #10
PuddleJumper

PuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond reputePuddleJumper has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc017 View Post
I think he's too busy working on his right now. and a piece of dom thats 2" isnt cheap.
Obviously working on his is fine.. and you are correct 2" isnt cheap.. that is a stick of it isnt.. but what.. an inch.. at most maybe for 1? heck, you make 10 of those little rings and sell em for what, $10-$15 a piece, you just paid for a whole sitck of tubing, minus the foot you just used. Just saying..... good tech Rockmike, good luck on the build
Old 06-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Marc017

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleJumper View Post
Just saying..... good tech Rockmike, good luck on the build
x2. Rep added

www.crossedupcustoms.com
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #12
rockmike

Thanks guys!

I could but im not a site vendor,I dont want to piss off the head sheep herders.

Odviouslly im not solisiting these,just thought it would be helpfull to post up a thread and some pics of what I did ,how,why.

Its kinda funny,my lathe is perfect for building these.Reason: its ways have a slight twist(its a pos) but it was cheap!!

So when you turn the i.d. it automaticlly puts a very slight taper on it the hole gets tighter as I go toward the chuck,when you turn the o.d. the part gets a slight taper tighter as you go toward the chuck.So when you pull the part out of the chuck flip it and install in the toy flange the od is tappered toward the toy flange makes it fit easy and the taper would be the other way when you got to install the zuk flange as you push the zuk flange into the toy flange it gets tighter and self alligns it.

I suppose we could go to pm mode.I could be influenced to make a few for some zk buds.

I wonder what Myrons opinion would be on this lil gadget Ive come up with,I would amagine he could make them sell through his oustanding company.

Zuk people rule!
pie
zero
VB
Old 06-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #13
ecoast

ecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond repute
simple. elegant. brilliant.
what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote