Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Axle Talk
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Axle Talk This section is for all your other axle talks, D44, D60, 14bolt, Ford 9" etc. If you have a write up please post it, if you have a axle question ask away.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:21 PM   #1
HotWrench4hire

HotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond repute
tracker thirds in a zuk

there was a chart showing what year tracker thirds work in a zuk, anybody know where its at? thanks a bunch!
88 Sammy on Propane, 39.5 Irock's, Crawl Fab Beadlocks 1.6 8v, Auto trans, shaved toy's,custom front and rear 4 link, 14'' and 18'' Fox air shocks,6.5-1 t case,5.29's, Longfeilds, Six Shooters, Full Hydro Steering, Rear Disconnect, Mighty Kong,
105 wheel base, Exo, Warn 10,000,
My Build http://www.zukikrawlers.ru/showthread.php?t=4219
HotWrench4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
samikrawler

samikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond repute
89-95 front thirds will bolt into the front of a samurai unmodified

96-05 front thirds will bolt into the back of a samurai unmodified

the difference is side gear spline count. 89-95 have 22 spline, 96-05 have 26 spline.

you still have an issue with the fact the third housing is all aluminum and breaks easier unless you happen to find a front third from a 99-05 grand vitara/XL7 that had the v6 AND a manual transmission. those are steel and will bolt into the samurai axle as well. The rear thirds wont fit in a samurai axle as they use a bigger ring and pinion. Some places offer a hybrid axle thought to use those thirds.

SOLD: 92 samuri JL, 1.3 Turboed EFI, toys, 35s, yjs, gears, ect ect ect
samikrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
HotWrench4hire

HotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond reputeHotWrench4hire has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by samikrawler View Post

the difference is side gear spline count. 89-95 have 22 spline, 96-05 have 26 spline.

you still have an issue with the fact the third housing is all aluminum and breaks easier unless you happen to find a front third from a 99-05 grand vitara/XL7 that had the v6 AND a manual transmission. those are steel and will bolt into the samurai axle as well. The rear thirds wont fit in a samurai axle as they use a bigger ring and pinion. Some places offer a hybrid axle thought to use those thirds.
that's the info i was looking for, thanks!
this rig is a daily driver, light trails, no lockers, don't think the weak housings will be an issue
88 Sammy on Propane, 39.5 Irock's, Crawl Fab Beadlocks 1.6 8v, Auto trans, shaved toy's,custom front and rear 4 link, 14'' and 18'' Fox air shocks,6.5-1 t case,5.29's, Longfeilds, Six Shooters, Full Hydro Steering, Rear Disconnect, Mighty Kong,
105 wheel base, Exo, Warn 10,000,
My Build http://www.zukikrawlers.ru/showthread.php?t=4219
HotWrench4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
samikrawler

samikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWrench4hire View Post
that's the info i was looking for, thanks!
this rig is a daily driver, light trails, no lockers, don't think the weak housings will be an issue
good deal!! glad i could help

SOLD: 92 samuri JL, 1.3 Turboed EFI, toys, 35s, yjs, gears, ect ect ect
samikrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
duramaxjack

duramaxjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by samikrawler View Post

Not to hijack this thread but can the 22 spline side gears in the 89-95 be up graded with samurai 26 spline side gears ? I have the trackick front w/22 spline and want to up grade to 26 spline Long Field axles by changing the side gears is that doable ? Are they the same size ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1990 Samurai 1.3 EFI / Old Man EMU SPOA w/ rears up front, on 33's, 512's front and rear, Long Field front axles, 6.5:1 transfer case w/twin sticks, Power Steering, GM alternator, and still spending money.
duramaxjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #6
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxjack View Post
Not to hijack this thread but can the 22 spline side gears in the 89-95 be up graded with samurai 26 spline side gears ? I have the trackick front w/22 spline and want to up grade to 26 spline Long Field axles by changing the side gears is that doable ? Are they the same size ?
Just use the rear side gears from a Sammy, if you got some kicking around. I'm also sure depending on who you ask they'ed probably have a few... I have about a dozen myself.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:25 PM   #7
duramaxjack

duramaxjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the reply ... The ones I pulled out of the rear had been welded so I have to buy some I just wanted to make sure they were the same. If you are willing to let some go I would pay for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1990 Samurai 1.3 EFI / Old Man EMU SPOA w/ rears up front, on 33's, 512's front and rear, Long Field front axles, 6.5:1 transfer case w/twin sticks, Power Steering, GM alternator, and still spending money.
duramaxjack is offline   Reply With Quote